Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mobile Streaming Video

Finally managed to stream video in realtime from my phone to a website using Qik. Not all phones support the Qik software and it seems they only recently expanded their offering to the HTC brand. The video quality is suprisingly good and I was amazed to see this working live on my PC as I streamed video from my phone. You could even chat to the person recording the video through the website. Powerful. They also updated the application for the iPhone and you can now view videos on your iPhone (no worries about having Flash installed, etc.). In a class setting you could potentailly setup a Training Channel for your class and provide a link to a video stream or video collection. Nice. I really like this tool as there are times when you want to get a video online as quick as possible. Now I can. Lets say I was at a conference / business meeting and just interviewed someone. I could potentially stream that interview live on my www.qik.com/liamfoley channel for people to follow instantly. Combined with a Twitter alert my followers could access the video immediately with an embedded link. Go to Qik for more details. Welcome to the future.

No comments: