Saturday, November 1, 2008

QR Codes - Scan and Learn

This blog is really just a reminder that I want to try out QR Codes in the near future and report back findings on this blog. What I am rambling on about are good old fashioned barcodes. Scan and you get info directly onto your mobile phone - a web link, contact details, a map, you name it. Whatever you want. The idea is easy to implement. Download scanning software to your mobile, take a photo of the barcode and within seconds you have decoded the barcode and have received the message whatever it is automatically on your phone. Imagine posters with the barcode displayed, websites, leaflets, a pen...the point being nobody needs to key in a word just point your cell phone camera and your message is on their device. I like the idea of the t-shirt with a barcode - if you take a picture of the code the result is you have just added me as your friend on Facebook!


Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Brad P. from NJ said...

All the QR reader stuff I've found seems to be focused on iPhones. I need to track down a usaable one for my Palm... grumble... grumble...